Sep 18, 2020 • Filed to: Solve Mac Problems • Proven solutions
CardRescue is a photo recovery software for Mac OS X. It can rescue deleted photos and movies, or reformatted photos from digital camera flash memory card.
- Description: SystemRescue (also known as SystemRescueCd) is a Linux system rescue toolkit available as a bootable medium for administrating or repairing your system and data after a crash. It aims to provide an easy way to carry out admin tasks on your computer, such as.
- Disk Drill Data Recovery for Mac. Disk Drill is one of the best data recovery software applications for.
Does Recuva Work on Mac
Well, Recuva File Recovery is indeed a free software for PC to recover lost data. But there is no version of Recuva Mac Data Recovery.
What Is Recuva Software
Recuva is widely known as a must-have data recovery program for Windows PC. Whenever files are deleted, formatted, corrupted, or missing from your Windows computer or removable media, Recuva can be your lifesaver with its easy-to-use and totally-free features. However, Recuva is only for Windows PC currently, Mac users have no chance to use this powerful and free program to recover lost or deleted data.
The demand for Recuva for Mac is huge on the internet. While the truth is: there's no official Mac version of Recuva, and there's almost no free Mac data recovery program too. It's hard for you to find the most useful Recuva alternative for Mac from numerous utilities in the Market. This article can help you out. In this article, you can free download Recuva for Mac alternatives. We test and review the best 5 Mac file recovery software here for you.
Top 1 Recuva Mac Alternative: Recoverit Data Recovery for Mac
Recoverit Data Recovery for Mac is one of the most useful and powerful alternatives to Recuva for Mac that helps you to recover Mac data in an extremely safe and easy way. The program offers you an advanced data recovery engine, intuitive interface, and a one-stop recovery solution to help you recover Mac data effortlessly. It allows you to recover lost files from both Mac devices as well as external storage devices, while many Mac data recovery programs only recover data from removable media.
- Recover 1000+ types of lost or deleted files from all storage devices on Mac safely and completely.
- Support external hard drive data recovery in different situations like accidental deletion and more.
- Free scan, thumbnails, and a preview of files available before recovering files from all storage devices.
Why We Regard It the Best Recuva Alternative
- At least 96% of your lost data, including documents, photos, videos, audios, emails, ZIP files, etc, can be recovered through it.
- Files scanned and found by Recuva alternative will be listed in clear categories like documents, images, videos, music, emails, and archives, or file folders.
- You can pause the scanning process when you find the files you want, as well as save scanning results for next time use;
- Recoverit has the strongest file preview ability in the market: you can preview images, documents, emails, and archives.
- The Recuva alternative is fully compatible with APFS, HFS+, HFSX, FAT16, FAT32, exFAT, and NTFS file systems on Windows or Mac platform.
- It comes with a free full version like Recuva software to help you recover files on Mac for free, although it comes with a limit of 100MB.
Video Tutorial on Mac Data Recovery
How to Recover Deleted Files on Mac
It is said that this software takes a lot of trial and error to develop a program that can help ever a novice recover lost data on Mac easily and quickly. And yes, it does. With Recoverit Data Recovery for Mac, you're able to retrieve deleted files on Mac with 3 simple steps (Select > Scan > Preview & Recover).
Free download the best alternative to Recuva Mac
Recoverit Mac Data Recovery can be compatible with all Mac systems, including macOS 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, OS X 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8. It can also work well with Windows PC (Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP). Windows users please download the PC version and follow the similar steps.
Select a location
Step 1 To restore lost or deleted files on Mac, you need to select a location where your data were lost among the list of hard drive disks. Click 'Start' to go on.
Scanning the hard drive
Step 2 You will next go to a scan process. Recoverit will search the selected hard drive all around for the lost or deleted files.
Preview and recover files on Mac
Step 3 After the scan, you can filter and preview the files you desire to recover. Select your lost files and click 'Recover' to retrieve them to your Mac or other storage media.
Top 2 Recuva Mac Alternative: MagicCute Data Recovery for Mac
MagicCute Data Recovery for Mac is an easy Mac data recovery program that helps you to recover data on a Mac computer. This program supports the recovery of more than 2000 file types and it's fully compatible with HFS/NTFS, FAT, and FAT32. Moreover, it supports creating a drive image for recovered data backups.
Currently, there're 3 editions of Remo Recover for Mac users to choose from. This is also the bad side of the tool. The Basic Edition, which is also the cheapest one, only allows users to recover deleted files from Mac hard drive or files emptied from Trash.
- This is a fast recovery program that requires no special skill or knowledge;
- MacgicCute is a portable application that allows you to install and run it on an external hard drive;
- The program supports thousands of file types;
- You can create disk image backup with this tool.
- While scanning is processing, you can't stop it. Otherwise, the whole scanning will be canceled.
- The scanning process is too long and time-consuming.
- It has no preview function before recovery.
- You're unable to try it for free.
Bootable Rescue Disk Windows 7
Top 3 Recuva Mac Alternative: VirtualLab for MacOS X
VirtualLab for MacOS X is a simple program that offers you basic Mac data recovery. This tool is specialized in two recovery modes: lost file recovery and iPod recovery. It enables users to recover data from un-mounted volume, RAID drive, as well as firewire and USB.
- It offers you, special RAID constructor;
- Volume recovery helps you to recover data from damaged or un-mounted volume.
- You can't search files with names nor save scanning results.
- The free version of the Recuva Mac alternative only supports the free recovery of only 1MB file.
Disk Rescue For Mac Mojave
Top 4 Recuva Mac Alternative: Boomerang Data Recovery Software for macOS X
Boomerang Data Recovery Software for macOS X is another Mac data recovery tool to handle a wide range of data loss scenarios from accidental deletion to formatting. It's able to recover deleted, formatted and damaged files, as well as unmountable and reformatted drive.
The alternative to Recuva Data Recovery is compatible with almost all Mac systems: Mac OS X 10.11.3, 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.7, 10.6, 10.5. 10.4.
- An extreme easy-to-use interface that saves you lots of time;
- RAID recovery and reconstructor recover RAID data with ease;
- iPod recovery enables you to recover iPod files sufficiently.
- The program only offers a normal scan. You can't get 'Deep Scan' on your drive;
- It doesn't support as many file types as other utilities in the list do.
Top 5 Recuva Mac Alternative: TestDisk
TestDisk is OpenSource software and it is a free data recovery software. It supports to recover lost partition and boot your disks bootable again while the system crashed. Its easy to recover partition table due to accidentally deleted.
- It recover FAT32 and NTFS boot sector from its backup
- It supports to rebuild FAT12/FAT16/FAT32, NTFS boot sector
- It is difficult to use for beginners.
- It is not good to recover lost photos from digital cameras or harddisk.
Comparison & Conclusion
Although there is no Recuva Data Recovery for Mac, you can still free download the top 5 Mac file recovery software to help you get data back without much effort. And through our tests, Recoverit Mac Data Recovery can be a nicer option for you. It supports you recovering 100MB files for free before purchasing the full version. Moreover, it can recover 1000+ types of data and allows you to scan and preview all lost data before the purchase and recovery.
What's Wrong with Mac
- Recover Your Mac
- Fix Your Mac
- Delete Your Mac
- Learn Mac Hacks