Ashwani Tiwari Published: May 30, 2020 Apple / Mac Mail
Exporting emails from Mac Outlook is always a tough task; also many users were unable to find the reliable and easy to use method to transfer emails from Outlook for Mac to Apple Mail.
Your search ends here!
- How to Export Outlook 2016 Contacts to vCard on Mac? The steps for exporting vCard from Outlook 2016 are very similar to those in 2011. So, in this part, we will give a brief introduction. Export Outlook Contacts to vCard by Dragging-n-dropping. Create a new folder for saving the contacts. Run Outlook 2016 on Mac.
- Exporting emails from Outlook for Mac will give you a.OLM file, which can only be used on other Mac computers. Open Outlook and log into the account that you want to export data from.
An Outlook for Mac Data File does not contain account settings or your Outlook preferences. Export contacts in a tab-delimited text file To transfer a set of contacts to another computer or application, you can export contacts as a tab-delimited text file, which can be opened by many other mail, spreadsheet, and database applications.
We are here going to introduce the automated tool that helps to export emails from Mac Outlook and you can easily import into Mac Apple Mail. To know the whole process in detail read this article.
Now, let’s stick to the main topic to export emails from Mac Outlook and import it into Mac Apple mail.
Mac Apple Mail supports MBOX file format so when you want to access your Mac Outlook data items you need to convert it from OLM to MBOX.
Need to Import Mac Outlook data to Mac Mail
- Mac Mail like other email clients also authorizes users to access personal information like emails, contacts, calendars, etc in a single click.
- Mac Mail or Apple Mail is a default application developed by Apple itself. Therefore, it has strong compatibility as compared to other Mac applications.
- Mac Outlook is a subscription-based service on the other hand Apple Mail is a free email client.
- Apple mail offers a simple UI structure as compare to Mac Outlook.
Also there a lot of reasons why users migrating from Mac Outlook to Apple Mail.
Note: The MBOX files were earlier used by Unix hosts . Nowadays it supported by all popular email clients, including Apple Mail and Mozilla Thunderbird.
How to Export Emails from Mac Outlook?
Here we will be going to explain to you the simplest method to export emails from Mac Outlook just follow the given steps below.
- Open Mac Outlook into your Mac machine
- Navigate to the File menu then select the Export button
Export Outlook For Mac
- Export to Archive File box, click the Mails the hit the continue button
- Browse the destination folder and press the Save button
Once the process is completed go to the destination folder and access the resultant file.
Now you have to convert the resultant OLM file into MBOX file format so that you can easily import it into Mac Mail. Read the upcoming section carefully to complete the exporting process.
Convert Mac Outlook file into Apple Mail
Follow these steps:
- Download and Install Mac Outlook to Mac Mail Converter tool
- Upload OLM file into the tool using Add File / Folder option
- Choose the MBOX file format from Select Export Type
- Browse the destination folder for the resultant file
Import Contacts Outlook For Mac
- Hit the Export button to initiate the process
Finally, your Mac OLM data file converted into Mac Mail MBOX file format. Now, you can proceed to the final stage of the process is to import Mac Outlook data into Mac Mail
Import Mac Outlook data into Apple Mail
- Open Apple Mail into your Mac machine
- Go to the File then Import Mailboxes option
- Select Files in MBOX format option then hit the Continue button
- Browse the converted MBOX file that you want to import
Once the Mac Mail finished the importing process then you should able to view your Mac Outlook data.
Also Read: Convert OLM file to MBOX format Using Expert Method.
We know that export email from Mac Outlook and import into Mac Apple mail is always a headache. But when you use this tool that splits your difficult work into simple steps then it is easy to transfer emails from Outlook for Mac to Apple Mail. The tool also maintains the original folder structure throughout the process and provide easy to use interface, even a non-technical guy can easily export emails from Mac Outlook to Apple Mail without any technical assistance.
For many users, it is a no brainer to go for Apple OS and products as many believe that Apple products are superior to others. Many College students extensively use MacBook and other Mac software to aid their studies. If you are using Outlook on Macintosh and would like to backup or archive your email data on a hard drive, then this blog post is for you. Maybe your account is being disabled therefore you have decided to save your files to the hard disk drives. It is to note that OLM files are used for storing local data of Outlook on Mac.
Benefits of Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook Migration
Mac users often face data loss situations due to OLM file corruption and limited mailbox capacity of Outlook for Mac. OLM files of Outlook for Mac mailboxes become inaccessible due to virus attacks, unexpected shutdown of Mac OS, corrupt hard disk and many other reasons. Therefore, Mac to Windows Outlook migration is the most appropriate way to avoid limitations of Outlook for Mac. Being an Outlook for Mac user, you can get the several benefits of Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook migration:
- MS Outlook stores mailbox data in PST file format, which is more secure than OLM files.
- The Outlook is well equipped with inbuilt email recovery tool to recover emails in the event of mailbox corruption.
- New Outlook versions such as Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019 cater the bulk email storage needs of the users.
- MS Outlook runs on MS Windows OS platform, which is very user-friendly and less vulnerable to corruption threats.
Select Files to Export
- Click on the Categorize button (can be found in the top middle toolbar), next for Outlook 2016 select Edit Categories >+(plus) sign near bottom center.
- Next, type in a name for the export.
- Next, mark the item (that you want to export) with the category name created in the previous step.
- Go to the folder and click Edit (see top menu tab in Outlook) >click on Select All from the drop-down menu.
- Now click on the Categorize button and category name to apply to all the items.
Note: Likewise, you can also select other email items like contacts, tasks, etc. by labeling these with category as well.
Exporting to an OLM File (for Outlook 2016)
- Select File (see upper left of the Outlook) >Export (from the drop-down menu).
- Next check the items that are in the category option and used the drop-down menu to select the category.
- To export, everything in Outlook chooses Items of these types and check on the item types to include.
- Click Continue.
- Next, Outlook will prompt you to choose a location to save the file.
- It may take a while as Outlook starts exporting files.
- IF the process finishes successfully, then you will be prompted with an Export Complete message. Click Finish to exit.
Outlook for Mac to Windows Outlook Migration (OLM to PST)
You cannot import Outlook for Mac mailbox into Windows drive using inbuilt Import and Export wizard of MS Outlook or Outlook for Mac. Therefore, you must choose a third-party Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook migration software to import your emails from Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook. One such tool that can accomplish this task is Kernel for OLM to PST Converter. Some of the salient features of the tool are outlined below:
- Easily migrate OLM to Office 365 and other email servers.
- Can convert multiple Mac files in a jiffy.
- Preserves OLM integrity in all states.
- Save OLM files in formats like IMAP, HTML, EML, MSG, MBOX, MHTML, DBX and RTF.
- Recovery from corrupt OLM files.
- Migrate specific items from OLM mailbox to PST using a smart filter.
Let us now look at the features of this tool in a step-by-step manner; as given below:
- The welcome screen prompts you to select or browse for a source OLM file.
- After adding the file(s) click Next.
- Next, you can also preview all the added OLM files in the preview pane (see lower bottom).
- One can also save individual files. Right-click the folder/file and save in various formats.
- Using the Find feature, one can look for the desired file by filling in some search fields.
- One can also save the single/multiple files in a wide range of formats; even you can export to web-based email servers directly. After that, click Next.
- This is optional, but one can also select the desired filters for the dialog box to save specific data.
- One can select the combination of Item Types for filtering.
- The user can also filter based on the date range.
- Next, you can choose to split the PST file after a particular size, in case the file size is big.
- Provide a location to save the PST file.
- One can also save into a DBX format.
- Similarly, one can also save the file in MBOX format to export it to Thunderbird.
- Hit the browse button if you decide to save the file in MSG format.
- Exporting the OLM files directly to office Servers and web-servers is the most exciting feature.
Kernel for OLM to PST is a versatile email migration tool that converts OLM file into MS Outlook. It quickly extracts every single email along with attachments, contact lists and other data from OLM file and finally exports to PST file format. Moreover, Mac to Windows Outlook converter also allows you to save all recovered mailbox data in MSG or EML file format. It keeps the converted emails in its original text formatting, structure, and properties. Outlook for Mac to Windows Outlook conversion utility supports OLM files created with any version of Outlook for Mac. It also supports MS Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 (both 32 bit and 64 bit), 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000, 98 and 97. You can download and install the free edition of the OLM to PST converter and access key features of the software.