The app includes two functions, each in its own tab. In the 'Discover' tab, you can get all the information you need on each of the WiFi networks that your computer can locate. This way, you can check what kind of signal it emits, the channel and transmission band, the BSSID identifier, the connection percentage you have access to, and even the brand of the router that's emitting the signal.
And from the 'Survey' tab, you can make adjustments to the WiFi network at home or in your office to improve its quality and speed. All you have to do is install the NetSpot app on your portal and select a home test map or create a real one. After deciding the area that you want to check, NetSpot will analyze the space you've indicated and show the networks with the best results in that area.
One drawback of this app, perhaps, is that it's not a good option for inexperienced users since both its terminology and the 'Survey' option could be too complicated.
|Initial release||August 2011; 9 years ago (Mac OS X)|
February 2016; 4 years ago (Windows)
2.12 (Mac OS X) February 2020; 8 months ago
2.12 (Windows) February 2020; 8 months ago
|Operating system||OS X v.10.6 +,|
Android OS 6.0+,
|Type||Wireless site survey|
|License||free, or paid|
NetSpot Pro Unlimited Enterprise Mac is a suitable security analyzer. With just a few clicks, you can load your neighborhood map, point to its mass, which is an area of the map, and start NetSpot Pro Wi-Fi that collects your information. When NetSpot WiFi analyzer collects all current data from surrounding networks it shows such data for access points as channel info, transmit rate, vendor, security type, band, etc. The signal level chart is not only customizable but displays the changes in real time.
NetSpot is a software tool for wireless network assessment, scanning, and surveys, analyzing Wi-Fi coverage and performance. It runs on Mac OS X 10.6+ and Windows 7-8-10 and supports 802.11n, 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g wireless networks. NetSpot uses the standard Wi-Fi network adapter and its Airport interface to map radio signal strength and other wireless network parameters, and build reports on that. NetSpot was released in August 2011.
NetSpot provides all professional wireless site survey features for Wi-Fi and maps coverage of a living area, office space, buildings, etc. It provides visual data to help analyze radio signal leaks, discover noise sources, map channel use, optimize access point locations. Also, the application can perform Wi-Fi network planning: the data that are collected help to select channels and placements for new hotspots. Survey reports can be generated in PDF format.
- Mapping Wi-Fi
- Mapping Wi-Fi signal strength
- Optimizing networks
- Trouble-shooting networks
- Visualizing wireless networks
- Diagnosing signal problems
- Analyzing wireless network coverage
Netspot Mac Crack
|Version||Platform||Release date||Notes and significant changes|
|2.11||Macintosh, Windows||October 2019|
|2.12||Macintosh, Windows||February 2020|
- iStumbler – an open-source utility to find wireless networks and devices in Mac OS X
- KisMAC – a wireless network discovery tool for Mac OS X
- WiFi Explorer – a wireless network scanner for Mac OS X
- ^Matt Elliott. 'Find the dead spots in your Wi-Fi network with NetSpot'. Retrieved December 21, 2015.
- ^MacNN. 'NetSpot offers free Wi-Fi network surveying software'. Retrieved August 12, 2011.
- ^'NetSpot: WiFi Site Survey for the Rest of Us'.
- ^'Create a WiFi signal strength map with NetSpot for Mac :: by Techerator'.
- ^'NetSpot helps you optimize your Wi-Fi networks :: by Macworld'. 2011-11-29.
- ^'Trouble-shoot your WiFi network with NetSpot :: by Dr. Macenstein'.
- ^'Mac-NZ review :: NetSpot WiFi visualisation software'.
- ^'Diagnose Wi-Fi Signal Problems With NetSpot :: Lifehacker'.
- ^'Analyze Wireless Network Coverage In Mac With NetSpot Survey Software :: by Addictivetips'.
- ^'NetSpot – The only Native Wireless Site Survey Software for Mac'. Archived from the original on 2012-09-10.
- ^'NetSpot 1.1 - new version of Wi-Fi mapping software for Mac'.
- ^'NetSpot 1.3 release notes: what's new, what's hot in this update'. 2012-07-03.
- ^'How To use your Mac to survey your home or office Wi-Fi network'. 2012-10-19.
- ^'NetSpot 2.1 Release Notes: What's New in Version 2.1?'. 2012-05-24.
- ^'NetSpot 2.10 minor update - Japanese localization is added'. 2018-10-17.
- ^'NetSpot WiFi Analyzer for Android has been released'. 2018-11-06.
- ^'NetSpot for Android v.1.1'. 2019-09-27.
- ^'The minor update of NetSpot v. 2.11'. 2019-10-04.
- ^'NetSpot 2.12 — new update for macOS and Windows'. 2020-02-06.