- Siri For Mac Os X Download Free
- Siri Shortcuts Mac Os
- Siri Macos Mojave
- Mac Siri Shortcut
- Use Siri On Mac
- Siri Shortcuts For Mac Os
Confirming previous rumours, Apple has rebranded its Mac OS X desktop operating system macOS. The first release of the renamed platform includes several notable new features for Mac users, including the arrival of Siri on desktop systems.
The rebranding is more than just a name change. It represents Apple making an effort to draw its different operating systems together, uniting them under a single name. The line-up now consists of iOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS.The first edition of macOS is known as Sierra. Announced at Apple's WWDC conference yesterday, it is available in preview form today and will rollout worldwide later in the year. Apple has added several new features to its desktop platform to keep users loyal to the Mac.SiriFor the first time, Siri is now available on the Mac. The digital assistant has successfully transitioned from the iPhone, bringing its existing features and a selection of new desktop-specific ones. Siri can be accessed from the macOS dock or menu bar or via a keyboard shortcut. You can then interact by typing or with a voice search.You can ask Siri to find documents, add a calendar meeting, start a FaceTime call or just start a web search. Results displayed by Siri can be dragged straight from the list into a document you're working on. Siri search results can be pinned to the Notification Center to let you monitor things you're following in real time, whether it be the latest news or sports scores.
To ask Siri on your Mac, do any of the following: Click the Siri icon in the menu bar (or use the Touch Bar). If your Mac supports it, say “Hey Siri.” Your portable computer must be open to use Hey Siri. If Siri doesn’t respond, open Siri preferences and make sure Listen for “Hey Siri” is turned on. You can also use Hey Siri. Going to start making videos again so stay tuned! Any questions, leave a comment:) This video shows you how to enable Siri on your Mac without MacOS Sierra.
Like Siri on your other Apple devices, Siri on Mac is your intelligent personal assistant, helping you multitask and get things done. For example, while you work on a document, you can ask Siri to send a message to your coworker saying that the document is on the way—without having to stop what you’re doing.
Here are some of the many other things you can ask Siri to do. You can also ask Siri, ”What can you do?”
- 'Show the PDFs in my Downloads folder.”
- “How much free space do I have on my Mac?”
- “Play the top 40 jazz songs.”
- “What’s the weather in Lake Tahoe?”
- “Find tweets from José Bautista.”
- “Search the web for images of the Eiffel Tower.”
- “Show me all of the files I shared with Cecilia last week.”
- “FaceTime Victoria.”
- 'Add Laura to my 10 AM meeting.”
- “Show my photos from yesterday.”
- “What time is it in Monterrey, Mexico?”
- ”Find coffee near me.”
- Starting with macOS Mojave, you can use Siri to play a sound on a device to help you find it. For example, if you turn on Find My iPhone for your devices, you can ask ”Where's my iPhone?' or ”Where's my Watch?”
To ask Siri, take any of these actions, then just say what you need:
- Click in the menu bar, Dock, or Touch Bar.
- If Siri is already open, click or in the Siri window.
- Press and hold the Command (⌘) key and Space bar until Siri responds.
- Say ”Hey Siri” on a Mac that supports 'Hey Siri.' On notebook computers that support this feature, the lid must be open.
If Siri doesn't close automatically, click or swipe right to close.
If Siri doesn't hear or understand you
Siri For Mac Os X Download Free
- Make sure that you're using macOS Sierra or later.
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then check your microphone selection in Sound preferences or Siri preferences. Or test with a different mic, such as the mic in your AirPods or Apple Earphones. If you're using a Mac mini or Mac Pro, you must connect a mic for Siri to hear you.
- If Siri seems to hear you but not understand you, make sure that your language and dialect are selected in Siri preferences.
- If Siri can't connect to the network or asks you to try again in a little while, check your Internet connection.
Ask Siri to find files on your Mac
Siri makes it easy to find files on your Mac, using various criteria. For example, you can ask Siri to ”search for all the documents I opened this month.” Then show ”just the ones titled lesson.”
Siri Shortcuts Mac Os
Keep Siri results where you can find them
You can keep important information provided by Siri right in Notification Center . So you can easily access sports schedules, Twitter feeds, files that are related to your big project, and much more.
Just click at the top of your Siri results. Your information will stay up to date, so you always know where to find game times, trending topics, or important documents.
Drag Siri results
You can drag some types of information found by Siri into a window or application on your desktop. For example, after asking Siri to find an image on the web, you can drag an image from the results into a Pages document:
Edit your Siri request
To edit your request instead of making a new request, double-click your words in the Siri window, then enter your changes from the keyboard and press Return.
Change Siri preferences
Siri Macos Mojave
Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Siri. Or just ask Siri to open Siri Preferences. You can adjust settings such as the Siri keyboard shortcut, the gender and dialect Siri uses, and whether Siri gives voice feedback. And if you're using macOS Catalina or later, you can choose whether to delete Siri and dictation history.
Learn more about Siri preferences.
Mac Siri Shortcut
Use Siri On Mac
- Learn how ”Hey Siri” works with multiple devices.
- Learn how to control your home with Siri.
Siri Shortcuts For Mac Os
Siri features might vary by country or region.