- Verify that the Mac client system has Remote Desktop Connection version 2.0 or higher installed. The View Client disk image file includes a link to the Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac.
- To extend a View desktop to multiple monitors you can use the Window Full Screen menu item or the expander arrows in the upper-right corner of the View Client window. If you have a Mac with OS X Mavericks (10.9), open System Preferences, click Mission Control, and deselect.
- Performance cookies are used to analyze the user experience to improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. They allow us to know which pages are the most and least popular, see how visitors move around the site, optimize our website and make it easier to navigate.
Using VMware Horizon Client for Mac Using VMware Horizon Client for Mac provides information about installing and using VMware Horizon® Client™ software on a Mac to connect to a remote desktop or application in the datacenter. This information is intended for administrators who need to set up a View deployment that includes Mac client devices. Version: 1.3.0: Description: Download group for the December 2011 VMware View Client for Mac OS X Tech Preview Release: Release Date: 2011-12-15: Type: Open Source.
By Pat Lee, director, end user clients, VMware
As we approach the holidays, the VMware View client team is pleased to release FOUR new clients to end 2011! That’s right, FOUR new clients for VMware View are here for the VMware View community:
- Tech Preview of the View Client with PCoIP for Mac OS X
- Tech Preview of the View Client with PCoIP for Linux
- VMware View Client 1.3 for iPad
- VMware View Client 1.3 for Android
View Client with PCoIP for Mac OS X
First, the VMware View Client with PCoIP for Mac OS X is here! This has been the number one request from customers all year and we are really excited by the new Mac OS X client. Built from the ground up for the Mac, it designed to give you the best possible user experience with PCoIP.
Start with a drag and drop install like you expect from all great Mac apps.
Followed by a really easy to use app that makes it simple to get up and running.
Finally, with Mac OS X Lion Full Screen mode, you can seamlessly switch between Mac apps and your View virtual desktop with ease.
We are really excited by the VMware View Client for Mac OS X and hope you are too. To download the VMware View Client for Mac OS X and give us feedback on this tech preview, go to:
View Client with PCoIP for Linux
Next, we have a new VMware View Client with PCoIP for Linux. Making it easy to install, it will soon be available in the Ubuntu Software Center (a little later this month). Just launch the Ubuntu Software Center and search for VMware View to download and install the VMware View client.
The new Linux client has a really simple user interface to get up and running.
VMware View Client for iPad
The VMware View Client for iPad is now at version 1.3. We have been doing a lot of great work on the iPad this year and we close the year with a great new release that now supports up to 1080p video out.
Combine the new 1080p video out feature with the Presentation Mode feature we introduced in the 1.2 client and you can connect your iPad to your TV and get a 1920×1080 Windows desktop right in your living room. Check out what I did the last night with my TV!
VMware View Client for Android
Last but not least, we have our new VMware View Client for Android. We have spent a lot of time on the Android client to help provide a better user experience whether you are using a low resolution Android device or the latest Honeycomb tablets.
Taking advantage of the action bar on Honeycomb tablets, we can provide a more discoverable way to take advantage of the great features in Android client.
Vmware View Client For Mac Os X
In addition to the user interface improvements for the Android client, we are making it easier to get on popular devices. In addition to the Google’s Android Marketplace and Cisco’s AppHQ, the VMware View Client for Android will soon be available in the Amazon Appstore for Android. Watch this blog for updates! This will make it easy for Amazon Kindle Fire users to download the VMware View Client and use it on their Kindle Fire like I have been doing for weeks now!
We are really excited about these four new VMware View clients and hope you can take advantage of them to extend VMware View to even more of your employees.
Vmware View Client Download
We look forward to your feedback.
Vmware For Mac Os
Happy holidays from the VMware View Clients team!